Thursday, January 19, 2012

thirsty thursday, installment one

as I said in my previous post, okinawa LOVES their vending machines (as requested, a picture of the vending machines to come).  sometimes you'll see a whole row of them, i'm talking eight or nine.  since i have two years here, i should be able to try one eighth of the different beverages they sell.  

this week i played it kinda safe and chose:



aloe and white grape juice.  sounds good.

it was a very light and delicious drink for the first half of the can.  then, suddenly, i got a surprise.  

jello pieces (or a substance very similar to jello).  

not only is this a drink, it's also a light snack.  

actually, the jello was kind of good.  my only complaint is that it bottlenecked at the opening, causing a traffic jam of juice and jello. 

next week, i'm hoping for a drink that surprises me with a place to live.

3 comments:

  1. hA funny post.... yep. And also asia loves those beans in every dessert too. Tell us when you get your first bean dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laci and I want to skype with you! We should set up a time! Also, I miss you like.....dinosaurs miss living!

    Yeah, I said it.

    ReplyDelete