Monday, January 16, 2012

i finally retired the flip phone!

one of my first orders of business was to get a cell phone.  i was dying for the iphone so i can stay up with everyone's happenings and have gps.  the plans they have are HILARIOUS.  the lowest plan is 24 minutes and the highest plan is around 146 minutes.  my plan has a grand total of 62 minutes.  the only calls that count against my minutes are outgoing calls.  they charge texts against my minutes but at a really low rate so i can send over 600 a month.  again, incoming texts don't count against me at all.  the cost of the phone made me a little light headed.  it was something like $833.  they break that up into 24 months and include it as part of your monthly bill.  but still, so much freaking money for a phone.  the funniest thing is that cars are super cheap here.  no one drives really nice cars because they take such a beating with the ocean air.  my phone cost a third of what my car will cost.  craziness i tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Now you're going to be checking your phone every few minutes like every other smart phone person. Hopefully you can pay it off before you leave Japan.:)

    ReplyDelete