Monday, June 18, 2012

typhoon time!


okinawa is located in what they call "typhoon alley" which means we are supposed to get quite a few typhoons.  i was excited for typhoon mawar so i could experience my first typhoon.  mawar was a huge disappointment.  in fact, during the time mawar was supposed to be coming through, it rained less and was nicer than it has been in weeks!  we are getting another typhoon tonight, typhoon guchol.  apparently he is headed straight for okinawa but things change on a dime around here so i'm not holding my breath.  i'm not going to lie, it would be awesome to be sent home from work or told to stay home, watch an awesome storm, and do whatever i want!  my patients keep telling my that typhoons are boring but i would find plenty of stuff to do on a "typhoon day."  i've got a running list including:
-read
-play "just dance" or the "michael jackson experience"
-clean
-craft
-watch movies
-cook
-bake
-eat
-mani/pedi
-blog
-sleep
-skype!
-online shop (let's be honest, i don't need a typhoon to help me find an excuse to hit up amazon.com)
-actually do the things on my "to do" list
-work on my karaoke
-work out
-sort through my clothes
-make concoctions in my vitamix (i'm obsessed!)
-write in my journal
-learn how to sew
-stretch
as you can see, i'm ready for a typhoon!  i also have a ridiculous amount of canned goods and candles.  and bottle water.  and books on my kindle.

1 comment: