Friday, September 28, 2012

oh, the internet



my internet has been the bane of my existence lately.  one of the recent typhoons ripped my fiber optic cable off my building so my internet was down for two weeks.  i got it fixed and one week later my well-meaning friend was trying to do something fancy with my xbox and somehow made my internet stop working.  after a week of trying a million different things, my home teacher figured it out and got it working, thankfully!  we have another typhoon coming this weekend and i want to research stuff to do in hong kong while i'm stuck inside.  

here are the highlights of the last month or so:

-took my MAC certification test.  just waiting to hear back about my results.  i'm freaking out a little bit but hopefully i'll find out soon and it will be good news.

-i booked a trip to hong kong for columbus day weekend!  i'm supposed to be going with my friend but she may be going on a short deployment at the same time so i may end up going alone.  apparently hong kong is a very safe place for single women to visit alone.  i'm very excited to see the sights and shop in the markets.  it'll be a good experience for me to travel on my own.

-i've been working out with a trainer for about a month now.  we train three times a week.  i've lost 3 inches so far and have gotten tons stronger.  i've really enjoyed the training and have noticed an increase in my energy and mood.

-at work, we moved into our new wing.  it's freshly painted, sound proofed (sort of) with new furniture.  it'll be nice to be in a real clinic setting.

-got a japanese aromatherapy massage.  it was great and very relaxing.  the same day, i got a pedicure.  i was rewarding myself for taking the MAC test.

-we've had a number of typhoons in the last month and have one coming this weekend.  typhoons always come on the weekend.  that's not even an exaggeration.  they come on saturday and sunday and are usually cleared up by monday, just in time for us to go back to work.

-overall, it's been a low-key month but now that i no longer have to study, i can play more!

1 comment: