Monday, August 6, 2012

update on 31 things


i must say, so far i'm doing much better this year than i did last year.  here's for setting your sights low!


1. hike mt. fuji-done and done
2. live to be 32-in progress; i've survived over a month of being 31
3. make 5 new friends-haven't started yet
4. avoid great white shark breeding grounds (contributed by my bro, Josh)-in process
5. visit at least 3 new countries-haven't started yet
6. get SCUBA certified-haven't started yet; going to take the class after my MAC certification test is over.
7. grow my hair out-in progress; it's to my chin!
8. get a will-haven't started yet
9. get a japanese massage-done
10. go to tokyo disneyland-done
11. go to the states at least once-done
12. get master in addiction counseling certification-in progress; i take my test in 6 weeks...eek
13. read more than i watch tv-in progress
14. save my cost of living money every month-in progress
15. learn basics of japanese-in progress
16. walk the seawall by my house every night-in progress; walked it for the first time last week but haven't been able to since then due to the typhoon.
17. use my vitamix everyday-in progress; not quite daily yet but a lot
18. use less store bought items, make more things myself-in progress; made homemade facial toner.  
19. blog once a week-in progress; you are reading a post right now so that's something.
20. email a friend/family member once a week-in progress; this may be pushing it.  my mom emailed me to say she mailed my boxes and i replied with thank you.
21. actually do the things i pin on pinterest-in progress; see #18
22. get five stars on just dance-in progress
23. read 5 classics-haven't started yet; the memoirs of cleopatra is taking forever to finish.
24. be active in my ward-in progress
25. get laser hair removal-haven't started yet
26. sew one thing-haven't started yet
27. keep a daily gratitude journal-in progress
28. use my craft supplies-in progress; i made an adorable wall hanging with some antique silverware and scrapbooking paper.
29. decorate for every holiday-haven't started yet; to be fair, i was gone for the 4th.
30. only buy things i really love-in progress
31. cut back on dairy intake-in progress; i have to eat all the dairy in my house before i totally commit to being mostly dairy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment